Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dogs are Gifts from Heaven






I will lend to you for awhile a puppy, God said. For
you to love while he lives, and mourn when he's dead. Maybe for twelve or
fourteen years, or maybe two or three. But will you, 'till I call him back,
take care of him for me?




He'll bring his charms to gladden you and, should his
stay be brief you’ll always have his memories as solace for your grief. I
cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return. But there are lessons
taught below I want this puppy to learn.




I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers
true. And from the folk that crowds life's land I have chosen you. Now will you
give him all your love, nor think the labor vain? Nor hate me when I come to
take my puppy home again?






Via Michael Breton and Chuck Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment